[ARSCLIST] Blank grooves at end of a Capitol FDS lp

Capitol P 8270, Felix Slatkin: Carnival of the Animals/Divertissement, has a band of blank grooves at the end of side 2, separated by 1/4 inch from the last music track. Anyone know the purpose of this? Was it for the HiFi nut to check rumble or noise? There's no reference to it anywhere on the jacket, although the FDS blurb is displayed prominently and a paragraph in red points out that your cruddy equipment may not handle this here swell recording (my cruddy equipment handled it just fine). I don't recall seeing this blank track on other Capitols.

dl