Re: [ARSCLIST] Pristine Audio (?!)

They sure were ! I have a very nice copy of the Krauss/Keilberth Strauss transfer that's very good too! The trouble I found was the spotty quality of the vinyl on some of these.I have a Eugen Jochum 10" on Radiola/Telefunken from Australia, that used Capitool stampers too.

                                             Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Haven't checked any of those old Mengelbergs for years (or any of the others,
now that you mention it) but Capitol's issue of some Joseph Schmidt records was
good enough for Telefunken to press from the Capitol stampers. Seems to me
their dubs to 78 were also good. (Mercury's dubs of similar material, on the
other hand....anyone remember the needle drop they left in on the Shostakovich
piano LP?)

dl