Re: [ARSCLIST] Anybody familiar with any of these publications?

Steve Abrams wrote,

The Record Collector has been published since 1946.  It is the primary
source for discographies of classical vocals.  I suspect you have never
heard of it since you are not a record collector in the original sense of
the phrase.  (Neither is Barr Barr the Elephant)  There is also a cheesy pop
music magazine which ripped off the title "Record Collector". (Some years
ago I pointed out to the editor of the Record Collector that a
straightforward letter from a solicitor would bring in a five figure
settlement over the name.  However, he couldn't get it together to go
anything about it.

Steve, it is not only the primary source for "discography of classical vocals."  It is the primary source for ALL Gramophone Company of London discography, up to and including Alan Kelly's brilliant and painstaking research of the past 30 or more years.

Howard