Re: [ARSCLIST] Pristine Audio (?!)

Now you can quote the Sound Directions publication, just released:

http://www.dlib.indiana.edu/projects/sounddirections/papersPresent/sd_bp_07.pdf

Of course IASA and others had already said the same thing...

Marcos

Karl Miller wrote:
Tom wrote: ***But, as good as it is, the present technology still requires knowledge, skill and taste on the part of its users.

I am reminded of the mentality I have encountered so often, even with those responsible for the preparation of those who will perform and administer preservation...namely, that such work requires only cursory background and experience. For me, the question is, how does one deal with an administrator who makes statements like, "well my grand child made great transfers of some of my old 45s." How does one address these notions and educate library directors when even those who administer conservation programs seem totally unaware of the skill sets required to do this work?
Karl