Re: [ARSCLIST] Leader tape

I made this point a number of months ago, to no effect. I suppose this comment will reopen an old wound which will be staunched but not healed only when that flurry is again exhausted.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Biel m.biel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <m-biel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:52 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Leader tape

At 07:29 PM 2007-11-20, Eric Jacobs wrote:
FullCompass shipped me 10 reels of paper leader on October 5, 2007

Although mastering studios required paper leader for tapes sent for disc mastering, if I remember correctly the ARSC AAA archival guidelines manual disapproves of paper leader for archival storage. Hydrolysis and expansion/contraction was the reason. It especially shouldn't be used at the core. Any AAA members here remember specifically?

Mike Biel mbiel@xxxxxxx