Re: [ARSCLIST] Mercury Living Presence EQ

In a message dated 11/19/2007 12:06:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
LISTSERV@xxxxxxx writes:

> Does anybody have EQ data for pre-stereo Mercury Living Presence LPs?  The
> LP in question is MG40007

A document I downloaded from Esoteric Sound in early 2007 says 400-Hz
turnover and -12 dB at 10 kHz through 10/54 (MG50026).  This is the old AES
characteristic.  I recall that the fairly short-lived 40000 series was contemporaneous
with the early issues in the 50000 series, and reserved for American music
such as that on MG40007.  I have no 40000's but I do have at hand MG50004
(Borodin/Stravinsky) and the jacket notes say, "Owners of wide-range equipment are
advised to set their bass and treble controls so that playback characteristic
will be in accordance with the response curve published by the Audio Engineering
Society."

Sounds like fun!

Jim Long
Senior Sales Support Engineer