Re: [ARSCLIST] Soviet Recordings

http://russia-in-us.com/Music/Pop/Utesov/utesoveng.html

http://www.glasnet.ru/%7Ekdf/utiesov.html
http://patefon.knet.ru/kdf/main.html

In Dutch,but has neat photos and Mp3 of Alexander Tsafsman 78s

http://www.78rpm.hovers.nl/78toerenN7.htm
http://www.78rpm.hovers.nl/estonia.wax (Very good.)

                        Roger

Dnjchi@xxxxxxx wrote: My sole Soviet recording is an 8 inch disc with a tiny label, in cyrillic
lettering.  I picked it up as a curiosity.  Turned out side one was  (in
Russian) "Casey Jones", and side two was (In Russian) "Brother, Can You  Spare a
Dime."  These seem to date this disc, obviously pressed overseas,  around the
early 1930s.  I have since learned, through translation by a  Russian visitor,
that they are sung by (on label) 'famous Russion  jazz-man, Leonid Utrosol'
(sp?).  Side One reads, Ken3n AXOHC (Casey  Jones); side two translated reads 'Song
of Unemployed America'.  Side one:  M 22023 and handwritten 1239--2/18; side
two: M 22079 and 1249-2/48.  They  are on the Hechia (from cyrillic) label.

Don Chichester