Re: [ARSCLIST] Soviet Recordings

Tom Fine wrote:
Soviet Recordings --

Don't forget the 1962 Mercury trip to the U.S.S.R. LPs were released in USA and Europe but not sure if they were ever issued in USSR. Recordings included the OSIPOV STATE RUSSIAN FOLK ORCHESTRA:
http://www.musicdirect.com/product/75618

And the Borodin String Quartet (LP reissued recently by Speakers Corner).

Not sure if these encompass the original info-search, sorry in advance if they don't.

-- Tom Fine

I have been following this (typically) tangled thread only inconsistently, so may have missed discussion of labels such Bruno and Coliseum which offered Soviet material at least from the early days of LP. More substantial labels such as Vanguard followed suit. Material ranged from strictly classical to semi-classical and folk both from Russia and from specific Soviets such as the Ukraine. Unfortunately, my library no longer contains 78s; memory suggests that some of those U.S. labels were active before 1948.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/