Re: [ARSCLIST] Panorama of Musique Concrete..le Help!

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  ***Is anyone out there familiar enough with the Ducretet-Thomson Panorama of  Musique Concrete LP to be able to tell me what the hell is actually on each  side?

  Is this the disc? DTL. 93090 also 8 also 320 C 100

  The OCLC record states:

  1. Classical: Trifle in C (Henry and Schaeffer). 2. Instrumental studies: (a) Drum--Fleeting percussion (Henry); (b) Flute--Mexican flute (Schaeffer); (c) Two aspects of the piano; (i) Study for piano (Schaeffer); (ii) Finale of the Concerto of ambiguities (Henry). 3. Expressionism 1952: Music without a title--5th and 6th movements (Henry). 4. Primitive 1948: Study for whirligigs (Schaeffer). 5. Dramatic cantata: The veil of Orpheus (Henry). 6. Three directions: (a) Sound effects--Railway study (Schaeffer); (b) Poetic--Pathetic study (Schaeffer); (c) A single sound source (Schaeffer). 7. Musical box (Arthuys).

  or in French

  Bidule en ut / Pierre Henry ; Pierre Schaeffer -- Batterie fugace / Pierre Henry -- Flûte mexicaine / Pierre Schaeffer -- Etude pour piano / Pierre Schaeffer -- Final du Concerto des ambiguités / Pierre Henry -- Tam tam III / Pierre Henry -- Musique sans titre / Pierre Henry -- Étude aux tourniquets / Pierre Schaeffer -- Le voile d'Orphée / Pierre Henry -- Étude auz chemins de fer ; Étude pathétique / Pierre Schaeffer -- Boîte à musique / Philippe Arthuys.

  or Volume 2 DUC 20001? also DUC 9 also LDG 1501

  Classique: Tam tam IV ; Musique de films: Astrologie ; 3 essais sériels ; Vocalises / Pierre Henry -- Étude / Michel Philippot -- Classique: Symphonie pour un homme seul (nouvelle version) ; Morceau de genre: Oiseau R.A.I. / P. Schaeffer ; P. Henry.

  I may have volume one at home and can listen.

  ***Fun to hear Spike Jones in there..this LP was referred to in the thread on "scratching" but could actually start a new one about "sampling".

  Hummm....how about quodlibet...

  Karl