Re: [ARSCLIST] Panorama of Musique Concrete..le Help!

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Is anyone out there familiar enough with the Ducretet-Thomson Panorama of
> Musique Concrete LP to be able to tell me what the hell is actually on each
> side? No matter how I count 'em, there are more tracks than titles..or less,
> depending on how you identify them. One set that could conceivably take 3 cuts
> (Schaeffer's "3 Directions") is either one track, with an orphaned cut at the
> end of the disc, or DOES run for 3 cuts and then "Musical Box" actually
doesn't
> exist. And side 1 has 9 bands, but only 8 possible titles. (Could "Musical
Box"
> actually be the last cut on Side 1? This actually makes sense....)

A concept now rendered obsolete by digital recording and distribution!
The user without a reliable microscope is forced to accept whatever
his/her/its CD player assumes the "tracks" are...with NO visible
evidence thereunto...?!

In any case, I would recommend actually PLAYING the dommed thing,
while observing exactly where one's stylus is (on the disc) as
"tracks" begin and end...?!

It could be worse...think of the hapless deejays who were trying
to play requested tunes on the Sgt. Pepper's LP...?!