Re: [ARSCLIST] Early DG 78s/History

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 2:05 AM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Early DG 78s/History

Can anybody give me the history on this label design,or this period in DG's history ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jacques-URLUS-RARE-GERMAN-GRAMMOPHON_W0QQitemZ250186240976QQihZ015QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I had seen records on this label turn up a number of times on eBay in recent years, but had never actually seen one.

Does anyone have a source for information about DG's ties to The Gramophone Company/EMI/HMV,and how and why they severed these ties,and stopped using the HMV dog on their labels ?Would this have been sometime shortly after WWII?

Thanks, Roger