To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 11:32 AM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Ultrasonic Disc Cleaning

I see in the latest edition of Playback (the bulletin of the British Library Sound Archive) the mention of an ultrasonic bath for disc cleaning.

I have never heard of such a thing; though it might be safe for vinyl, it seems to me that such a process would wreak havoc on a vintage recording. And even on a vinyl record you have a label to worry about.

Does anyone know how this is used at the Archive?

Kurt Nauck

c/o Nauck's Vintage Records
22004 Sherrod Ln.
Spring, TX  77389