Re: [ARSCLIST] Still trying to nail down the first U.S. all-digital commercial recording

I have confirmed that the Soundstream recording made at Santa Fe in 1976 was not used as the master for the LP of that opera. It was a demonstration recording and was used to show off the Soundstream system at the subsequent AES convention. One thing I'm trying to track down is what happened to that recording.

-- Tom Fine

So what was the name of the opera, and who were the principals (and how the heck did you find out)?
I got so curious about this the other day when you made your initial post that I called the Santa Fe Opera, and nobody there could tell me!

-Matt Sohn