[ARSCLIST] Cetra pressings

Anyone know if the early 50s Puccini one-acters (Gianni Schicchi, Il Tabarro, Suor Angelica) sound any better on Italian pressings than they do in the American ones, which seldom rise above the ghastly? Molto distorto, especially in choruses and ensemble passages and I swear I heard radio static once or twice. (Gianni is also mastered off-speed, 2.4% fast on side 1.)

Grazie.

dl