Re: [ARSCLIST] When you die...

As one of Canfield's past customers,I would be interested in the details of this.I assume he died sometime before Mikrokosmos took over the business,but I don't know exactly when.I always sort of thought,they would end up selling off his collection.

                                                   Roger

Karl Miller <karl.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Jim Lindner  wrote:

  ***I am sure I am missing something here - but if these are published
recordings - that have been digitized by others or preserved by
others because they are NOT unique - and available as access copies
elsewhere (on the net or not) and the music is available elsewhere -
and these particular recordings were not owned by someone famous -
or have some artifactual value for some other strange reason - then
the value of them other then to yourself as a thing you collect
because you like to collect things is - - - what exactly?

  While I am not quite sure I understand your point, I would like to share a few observations.

  Not all commercial recordings survive in institutional collections. A case in point is the LoC acquisition of the collection of Dave Canfield. Another is the LoC purchase of duplicates from Peter Muldavin's collection of children's records.