From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Breneman
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 9:13 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] When you die...

--- Scott Phillips <scottp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Geez Steven, I'm in my mid 50's and I can still remember my parents
> say the same thing, or nearly so. Try to be open minded and move with
> the times..!

The sons of one of my best friends, both of whom were very accomplished
horn players in their high school band, would always play the big band
music in my Seeburg M100-A when they were over at my house.  They didn't
give a damn about the 50s rock - they wanted dance band music.  They
even tried to get their director to get charts of "San" after hearing
Paul Whiteman's Capitol version, but apparently the school had no budget
for that.

So there is hope.  Now, whether either of them is going to want my
records in 40 years is another matter.

David Breneman         david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx