Re: [ARSCLIST] 78rpm inner sleeves

Somebody in Japan makes 10-inch anti-static inner sleeves. You can get them from Elusive Disk: http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=JPNINNER10 or from Sound Source CDs: http://www.soundsourcecds.com/.

I've been using them with 10-inch LPs, but there's no reason why you couldn't also use them with 78s. However, I'm not sure they're really necessary with shellac discs. Heavy paper sleeves seem to do the job (and they're certainly an improvement over the original lightweight sleeves).

Somebody on this list with more knowledge than I have will know: is static an issue with shellac 78s? Is the added expense of antistatic sleeves justified?

John Ross