[ARSCLIST] Opera Singer Index

http://www.folklib.net/opera/singers.shtml

As I could not find anything comparable to it on the Web, I just installed the above new page that lists discographical and bibliographical links for Opera Singers. Thanks to those who responded to my original topic,

[ARSCLIST] Classical/Opera biography/discography books by artist?

In addition to listing all the Singers with discographies at Brian Capon's CLOR (Capon's Lists of Opera Recordings) site, the page also lists all nationally known Opera singers who have ever lived in Wisconsin. There are only five of them,

Gail Dobish (Met)
Jean Kraft (Met)
Kurt Ollmann
Elliot Palay
May Peterson (Met)

As noted, only three of them ever preformed at the Metropolitan Opera. As far as my research has found so far, only one of them, Jean Kraft, ever appeared on any recording of any kind.
Doug Henkle - mailto:henkle@xxxxxxxxx
P.O. Box 1447, Oshkosh, WI 54903-1447

http://www.folklib.net/index/wi/
   FolkLib Index - Wisconsin Music Site Map
   (everything related to Wisconsin Music and Musicians)