Re: [ARSCLIST] Classical/Opera biography/discography books by artist?

D P Ingram wrote:
On 18 Oct 2007, at 09:49, Steve Abrams wrote:

This work is only half finished. The alphabetical list gets as far as IN and then stops. I have checked back on this site several times and now wonder whether the venture has been abandoned. Further information would be welcome.

If one has a little patience, in the next few months I will have a solution that may be helpful to many (but a lot of work remains).

Separately, does anyone know if such as thing as a "transcription phonograph" exists, that is to say a phonograph which has audio outputs rather than sticking a microphone by the horn to allow transfer recordings of phonograph cylinders. One can dream and remove the need to sticking a microphone by the "speaking tube" :?)

You may want to contact someone involved in the Edison project - perhaps Ward Marston. It seems likely that they had such a device for their effort.

 Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/