Re: [ARSCLIST] Gennett Project update

Sure, but you'll have to either 1) go to Indianapolis, or 2) join the Indiana Historical Society ($40.00), contact their archivist and have them do the search and make you copies. Depending on where you are located it's probably cheaper to do it the second way, even though you have to join before they'll make you any copies.
They do not allow you to bring any scanners or cameras into the archive rooms, either, so you can't do it yourself. That's why I spent 3 days copying the info I needed directly from the cards... longhand. I managed to get them all, as well as sore fingers.
Worth it, though.
Mal Rockwell

*******

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
Facinating. Any chance of getting to see these ?

Roger

Malcolm Rockwell <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: My favorite find? It was the discovery of microphone/musician placement diagrams on the backs of some of the cards from Richmond, 1926, when Gennett was first engineering recordings electrically. I was stunned and pleased, to say the least!

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.