Re: [ARSCLIST] German Sound and film archives - Ukrainian Bandurist Chorus

orest sushko wrote:
Hello,
I am searching for recordings, as well as any existing
film footage of a Ukrainian folk group known as the
Ukrainian Bandurist Chorus - a folk instrument and
choral ensemble that played the bandura.

It is a long shot and may be off the mark, but you might see what information is available on Bruno Records, related to Music International, Ltd. They issued at least five single LPs (BR 50002, 50050, 50055, 50060 and 50072) and a two-LP set (50053/54) of Ukrainian music. The one I have of that series (50060) features soloists, the Moseyev Dance Ensemble Orchestra and most prominently the National Ukrainian Ensemble of Bandura Players. I believe from the sound that its copyright date of 1959 is misleading and the recordings are from at least five years earlier.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/