Re: [ARSCLIST] Rodzinski Request was : Westminster Lab Series

  Again about the Rodzinski/CSO Mendelssohn 3rd, in reply to Roger's reply to
my message (sorry, but a glitch here makes me unable to copy and forward just
parts of posts):

  If you heard it on a CSO Retrospective in the early '90s, Roger, then it
would indeed have been Norm Pellegrini. I began to produce and host them in
1996. As I wrote last time, my research has turned up no evidence of a Victor
release of this set in the vinyl 78 (V/DV) series. Norm would probably have used
one of two sources: the LP, LM-1053 (which is in the WFMT library), or the
transfer that was included in the CSO's 12-CD set called "The First 100 Years,"
issued in 1991 to commemorate the orchestra's centennial. I'll ask Norm about it
when I next talk to him, but to be honest I can't imagine him transferring
the 78s when an LP and then a CD transfer of it were available -- unless he'd
transferred the 78s many years before. No offense intended, but perhaps you
misinterpreted something he said?

  I'd add that all of the recordings ever played the the CSO Retrospectives
came from the WFMT library, not the orchestra.

  Don Tait

 See what's new at
http://www.aol.com