Re: [ARSCLIST] Rodzinski Request was : Westminster Lab Series

OK I first heard this recording on one of those CSO retrospective shows,they used to run during the off season,sometime back in the early 90s.If you weren't the announcer,Don,then I assume it was Norman Pelligrini (I once came across a first Lp  transfer of the Heifitz/Feurmann Brahms Double Concerto with his name stamped on it.).I was so impressed by the sonics,and performance that I had to have it.Pelligrini said it was issued on a vinyl 78 set,which was what he played.I assume this was a copy from the CSO archives.Since it was from about the same time,I assumed it was one of those DV red vinyl sets.In the intervening years,I have seen one very trashed 1950-51 Lp transfer of this recording,and no other copy.

                                          Roger
   Regarding Roger's message of 10/3 about Rodzinski's CSO Mendelssohn 3 on
vinyl Victor 78s:

  I prepared a listing of those V/DV sets some years ago from empirical
evidence (first-hand knowledge, catalogues, reviews, et cetera). I found 30 sets
(if there were more I'd love to know about it from ARSC members). There were two
Rodzinski/CSO sets among them:

  V/DV-19     Khachaturian: Gayane: excerpts
  V/DV-21     Wagner: Tristan: Prelude and Liebestod

  No Mendelssohn. However, I could find nothing about numbers 5, 22, 28, and
29. I have recently learned that V/DV-5 was assigned to Beethoven: Symphony
no. 5 -- Koussevitzky/Boston Sym. (shellac M/DM-1313, lots of 45s and LPs, et
cetera). The vinyl set might well have never been issued.

  Does anyone have information about V/DV-22, 28, and 29? Might one of them
have been the Rodzinski/CSO Mendelssohn to which Roger referred?

  Don Tait

 See what's new at http://www.aol.com

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.