To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 10:08 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Westminster Lab Series

Richard Rodzinski said that a number of his father's recordings had come out on CD but only in Japan, and not for long.

dl

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
Universal has it now.It has come out on a bunch of labels,including DG,and Tahra.

Roger

Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Did any of the Westminster stuff ever make it to CD? Who owns the masters now? I only have a couple of the LPs, but they are so timidly mastered that the s/n is not good.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Lennick" To: Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 3:24 PM

Aren't we all....

These may be among the few recordings priced the same on LP or tape (per reviews in High Fidelity, 1956). $7.50 for an LP running thirty minutes was pretty hefty at that time.

dl

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
I'm a couple shy of a complete set.

Roger

David Lennick wrote: Will wonders never cease? I came across a Westminster Laboratory Series LP today whose packaging was intact, the zipper worked (didn't jam at the bottom), and the disc inside the plastic sleeve was in near mint condition. Usually these things show up destroyed, especially since folks would get fed up with the thick plastic outer container and get rid of it, then find that the "album" was just a foldover with no place to protect the disc. Even the pamphlet was there. (W-LAB 7011, Petrushka, if anyone cares.)

dl