Re: [ARSCLIST] CBS Library of Quotations

Sigh. We used to have sales like this in Albuquerque.I miss them...

                                      Roger

John Ross <johnross@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: At  9/29/2007 11:51 AM, David Breneman wrote:
>--- John Ross  wrote:
>
> > At the Seattle Public Library sale...
>
>How do they advertise this?  I've never heard of it.
>Is it a regular event?
They don't keep it a secret. It's publicized in the Seattle
newspapers (daily and weekly), posted in all the branch libraries,
and announced to a print mailing list. And I'm sure it's on the SPL
web site as well.

Twice a year. Next one's in April, I think.

This morning's Seattle Times said there were something like 1130
people waiting in line for the "Friends of the Library" members-only
preview to open the doors last night. And many more who arrived after
the doors were open.

King County Library also does sales at various branches.
http://www.kcls.org/events/book_sales.cfm

John Ross