Re: [ARSCLIST] Hatto, etc.

I had read this in an article on a website somewhere,probably the same one we have all seen about Obie taken from the ARSC journal.Has anyone tried to further the research ? I know from my own thrift store purchases,only a small per centage of the "RCA" records  have been identified.

Did Obie put out those sets that had cream colored labels,with the red/gold borders,and the fancy portraits of the composers ? They had "masterpiece(s) in the name,IIRC.

Has it ever been confirmed if Obie put out those "Firestone Philharmonic" sets ? A few years ago,there was still some doubt.

Speaking of Kulenkampff,are there any commercially released recordings out there of him as a conductor ?

                                     Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: This reminds me of the "World's Greatest Music" 78 issues, put out by Eli
Oberstein and made to look as much as possible like the legitimate World's
Greatest Operas/Symphonies produced by Victor for various newspapers in the
early 40s. Obie took most of his material from Telefunken 78s (he may have had
some tenuous legitimate arrangement) and virtually everything was issued
anonymously. Schumann's Violin Concerto appeared on this label, at a time when
the score had only recently been unearthed and the only two recordings were by
Yehudi Menuhin and Georg Kulenkampff.

dl

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.