Re: [ARSCLIST] Mercury Olympians

The earliest copies I have seen of the Kubilek "Pictures",have a 10100 record,and a 50000 cover.Tom may or may not chime in to the contrary,but I have seen these,and may have one.I'll be checking in the next day or two,when I file away some eBay purchases.The first couple of pressings of 50000 are an "Olympian" cover,with a "Mercury Classics" label record.I know I have a couple of these.

While we're on the topic of mono Mercs,has anyone ever seen a pre-1957 white label promotional label Living Presence ? I never have.

                                Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Were Mercury MG 50000 and 50101 ever actually released as 10100 and 10101? Both
have the lower catalog numbers on the labels (in parentheses) and in the dead
wax, but I've never seen them as other than Olympian Series.

Kubelik/Chicago Symphony, Pix at an Ex and Bartok/Bloch respectively.

dl