Re: [ARSCLIST] 16" transcription player on ebay

http://www.library.wisc.edu/mail/madcatfeedback.newlws.shtml
MadCat: Ask A Librarian

I just posted a question to the Mills Music Library to see if they might have uncataloged copies of all 30+ discs produced by UW-Madison. MadCat searches for '16" LP' and "transcription disc" found nothing. I also asked if they had a 16" player.

Jim Long,
Broadcast Transcription Discs, by James R. Powell, Jr.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! The description mentions "samples" but not specifically "discography". I guess it's too much to hope that someone has already written and/or published a 16" radio transcription disc complete discography that might list the contents of all UW-Madison transcriptions. If not, and Mills does have some or all of them, the next time I go there, I'll write up what they have. Now I wonder if 16" discs were produced anywhere else in Wisconsin.
Doug Henkle - mailto:henkle@xxxxxxxxx
P.O. Box 1447, Oshkosh, WI 54903-1447

http://www.folklib.net/index/wi/
   FolkLib Index - Wisconsin Music Site Map
   (everything related to Wisconsin Music and Musicians)