To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 6:13 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Musical Arts Symphony

Messages forwarded; I hope they come through all right --

 Yes, the players were mostly from the CSO, although I don't have definite
information and have only "heard" that. However, I've been told on good
authority that the Schory recording(s) (was) (were) made in Orchestra Hall. The
pre-1966 revovation sound, before the acoustical catastrophe of the renovation, is
there.

Don Tait

************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Definitely recorded in Chicago, so members of the CSO seems likely.
Sorkin founded Concert-Disc and Concert-Tapes as a recording vehicle
for his Fine Arts Quartet, but put out a lot of other releases as
well. Dick Schory got his start in percussion recordings with "Re-
Percussion" on Concert-Disc, which does sound like it was recorded in
Orchestra Hall. I like both the sound and the performances of Sorkin
as conductor, and we reissued "Symphony of Dance" (with bonus tracks)
from the reel tape editions.

dg