Re: [ARSCLIST] Musical Arts Symphony

Definitely recorded in Chicago, so members of the CSO seems likely. Sorkin founded Concert-Disc and Concert-Tapes as a recording vehicle for his Fine Arts Quartet, but put out a lot of other releases as well. Dick Schory got his start in percussion recordings with "Re- Percussion" on Concert-Disc, which does sound like it was recorded in Orchestra Hall. I like both the sound and the performances of Sorkin as conductor, and we reissued "Symphony of Dance" (with bonus tracks) from the reel tape editions.

dg