Re: [ARSCLIST] Copyright Extension Rejected In UK

Dismuke <dismukemail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    ***"LONDON (Reuters) - The British government rejected a
plea to extend copyright laws for sound recordings to
beyond 50 years on Tuesday, prompting the music
industry to accuse it of not supporting musicians and
artists."

***See full article at: http://snipurl.com/1ortg

  While I might sound like a broken record, you don't make any money unless your record company keeps your recording in print. Given the current distribution modalities, with the 50 year limit, most musician's recordings are more likely to be preserved and heard.

  I would guess that once again, musicians are falling for the hype being promulgated by those who stand to benefit the most, the record companies.

  Karl