Re: [ARSCLIST] off-topic: guilty pleasure in hi-fi demo records

Bob & Ray was reissued by Classic Records at some point. So the master tape was still around as of the 1990's.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 11:41 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] off-topic: guilty pleasure in hi-fi demo records

I own the Bob & Ray.in M- no less.I bought it three years ago om eBay for six bucks.It is one of the rarest (Based on number of copies seen.)Living Stereos,I have found, and I have LSC-1817,and LSC-1875.

Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In the LP era, there were all sorts of demos and promos.."Adventure in High
Fidelity" is sure a better sample than "Hearing is Believing" (music samples on
side 2 are fine, but the comparisons on side 1 include modern versions vs
acousticals!). In the early stereo days, RCA put out "Bob And Ray Throw a
Stereo Spectacular" and "Sounds in Space"..the latter has crossed my hands 3
times, never in playable condition (the last copy had the Glenn Gould "So You
Want To Write a Fugue" flexi scotch taped to it!).

dl