Re: [ARSCLIST] Sony being sold?

The rumor that I heard was that they were moving their classical operation to Germany. The plan was that they would have only an administrative staff in the US to take care of contracts. I have a contract on my desk which I need to sign for the rerelease of some Sony owned recordings. They lowered their original asking price by 50%...I was amazed.

  With the merger of Sony and BMG I had hoped to license some other modern music releases which would allow for the coupling of works by the same composers, some performances originally on Sony and others on RCA (BMG).

  I guess I had better hurry up and sign that contract and get it in the mail this weekend!

  Karl

Mal Rockwell <malcolm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  On a related topic to the proposed EMI sale, I have just heard from a
researcher trying to access original Columbia metal parts - with no
luck, I might add - that Sony is about to be sold. And that this is
creating apathy amongst the current staff.
Any truth to this?
Mal