Re: [ARSCLIST] Urgent Message From SaveNetRadio

--- "Steven C. Barr(x)" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Simple, then! Move your digital operation...your
> personal self...
> or both thereof...up here to Canada! Unless/until
> RIAA, et al, can
> get the laws changed, every sound record fixed
> before midnight on
> 12/31/56 is now in the public domain!

Based on my understanding, I would have to move my
personal self up there as well.  My understanding is,
even if I used a Canadian server, I would be still be
under American jurisdiction.  Moving  myself somewhere
for sake  of the radio station is pretty much out of
the question right now.  It makes no money so its
finances are presently entirely dependent on my
finances.

I do know that the RIAA is pushing VERY hard to get
the laws changed in the other countries and my guess
is they will push even harder in the future.  You see,
if the RIAA is unsuccessful in its attempt to shut
down and take control over Internet radio,  it will
not be too long before up and coming artists will no
longer have anything to do with the major RIAA lables.
 When that happens, the ONLY thing that they will have
going for them will be the market for legacy
recordings from more recent decades.

Too bad Canada is so far away from Texas.  It would be
VERY cool to bring my "Radio Dismuke Mobile Studios"
over to your house and do a broadcast of you talking
about and playing records from your collection - cool
for both me and the audience.