Re: [ARSCLIST] Internet Radio Status Update

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dismuke" <dismukemail@xxxxxxxxx>
> --- Bob Olhsson <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>
The whole point is, of course, that this whole thing is rapidly becoming
technologically unimportant, if not entirely meaningless!

The simple fact is this...there is NO practical, or even possible, method
of controlling the data which travels over the Internet...as any number of
would-be "Internet Masters" have found (in some cases with good intent, in
others rather dubious...!). IF the lawmakers in the US, as well as its courts,
attempt to enact and enforce legislation with respect to WHAT can be made
available over the Internet...by WHOM, and requiring payment of any sort
to the same or another WHOM, and under WHICH circumstances...there is NO
practical way to enforce this law/these laws! For one thing, these laws are
enacted by, and therefore only apply within...the United States Of America.
For example, any such rules and regulations will NOT apply to myself...or
any other legal resident, corporate or human, of the Dominion Of Canada (or
to those in/from any of the other 200 or so countries which are connected to/via
the Internet...!).

To complicate things, there are readily available methods to disguise from
where and whom Internet traffic/content is being originated...either in
outside appearance or totally!

I don't have the complete knowledge or technical training/skill to go into
complete detail in such matters...but I would assume that finding those who
do wouldn't be all that difficult (in fact, Live365 might relocate its
head offices to Toronto, and use .ca URL's...?)