Re: [ARSCLIST] off-topic: guilty pleasure in hi-fi demo records

There is currently a copy of LM 1802 on Ebay, with the following description:

RARE OUT OF PRINT HARD TO FIND RCA RED SEAL LP FEATURES ROBERT RUSSELL BENNETT's "AN ADVENTURE IN HIGH FIDELITY", A SYMPHONIC SUITE COMPOSED AND CONDUCTED BY BENNETT ON DIRECT COMMISSION FROM RCA VICTOR ESPECIALLY FOR THIS ALBUM PLAYED BY THE NBC SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA, ONE OF THIS ORCHESTRAS' LAST RECORDINGS BEFORE IT WAS OFFICIALLY DISBANDED. ALSO ON THIS RECORDING IS BENNETT'S DELIGHTFUL "THE ORCHESTRA IN A NUTSHELL", WHICH IS TCHAIKOVSKY'S "NUTCRACKER SUITE" ARRANGED BY BENNETT FOR SHOWCASING PRINCIPAL INSTRUMENTS OF THE ORCHESTRA. SIDE 2 OF THIS EARLY AUDIOPHILE RECORDING FEATURES A DEMONSTRATION OF FREQUENCY RESPONSE AT DIFFERENT FREQUENCIES, THE HUMAN VOICE IN HIGH FIDELITY FEATURING ROBERTA PETERS, LEONARD WARREN, JUSSI BJOERLING & VICTORIA DE LOS ANGELES AND RARE POP PIECES PLAYED BY HUGO WINTERHALTER, THE THREE SUNS, HENRI RENE & THE SAUNTER-FINNEGAN ORCHESTRA. INCLUDES A BEAUTIFULLY ILLUSTRATED FULL JACKET SIZED 24 PAGE BOOK ON THE MUSICAL PROGRAM AND A HISTORY OF HIGH FIDELITY TECHNIQUES WHICH WERE CUTTING EDGE AT THE TIME OF THIS RECORDING. THE WORKS ON THIS LP HEVE NEVER BEEN RECORDED AGAIN AND THIS LP HAS BEEN OUT OF PRINT FOR 45 YEARS AND HAS NEVER BEEN RELEASED ON CD. A MUST HAVE FOR THE TWO RARE ROBERT RUSSELL BENNETT WORKS, THE NBC SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA AT ITS PEAK AND AUDIOPHILES INTERESTED IN THE HISTORY OF HIGH FIDELITY RECORDING TECHNIQUES.

Format: LP

LP Condition: A-

RELEASE DATE: 1954

JACKET: BOX SET INTACT WITH 24 PAGE FULL SIZED BOOKLET IN GREAT CONDITION

Label: RCA VICTOR RED SEAL LM-1802 MONAURAL PLUM COLORED SHADED DOG

Country of Origin: USA

LP CONTENTS:

1. AN ADVENTURE IN HIGH FIDELITY

2. THE ORCHESTRA IN A NUTSHELL