To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 3:49 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Urgent Message From SaveNetRadio

-----Original Message-----
From Tom Fine: "...Not as obvious to me: what percent of royalties paid go
to the original artists and what percent go
to Big Music companies?..."

From: http://soundexchange.com/artist_home.html#artist

"Artist Share of Royalties
Artists receive 50% of royalties earned for each performance. The featured
artist receives 45% of the total artist share. The nonfeatured artists are
the players that perform auxiliary functions on a recording, and through
their unions, receive a 5% compulsory rate established by law. The SRCO, who
may or may not be the actual label, receives the other 50%. SoundExchange
pays these shares out directly to the featured artists, labels, and unions
(AFTRA and AFM). If you are a nonfeatured musician or a nonfeatured
vocalist, and would like to inquire about any royalties that may be due you,
please contact the AFM and AFTRA Intellectual Property Rights Distribution
Fund at www.raroyalties.org."

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN Mastering, Audio for Picture, Mix Evaluation and Quality Control Over 40 years making people sound better than they ever imagined! 615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com