Re: [ARSCLIST] Why new CDs sound worse

All X (one of my favorite bands) is better on vinyl.The only exception being the CD tracks I have heard of the demos of  the "Fourth of July" stuff,an album ruined by typically bad post-MTV production values of the late 80s.They eventually redeemed themselves with the all-analog,privately pressed "Unclogged",which I snapped up new on vinyl.

As for "Los Angeles",this is best heard on the pre-Warner Slash original pressings.(Although "Wild Gift" was done with a better,deep groove,pressing,by Slash.)To go back to an older thread topic, all the original Elektra Lps,except the aforementioned "Fourth",were issued on superior white label promo copies.None of these can be called common,and I have four of them.

                                    Roger

Matthew Barton <mbarton@xxxxxxx> wrote: Very interesting. That X album discussed here was actually an analog recording released on vinyl in about 1980 or 1981. I wonder how the vinyl compares to the different CD editions mentioned.

Matthew Barton
MBRS
The Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave., SE