Re: [ARSCLIST] book on verbal blunders

Thanks for the heads up Michael. I just pre-ordered a copy on Amazon.

AA

Michael Erard wrote:
Several years ago, I came to this list for information about early recordings of disfluent speaking -- "uh" and "um," hemming and hawing, restarted sentences, etc.

I'm pleased to announce that my book, Um...: Slips, Stumbles, and Verbal Blunders, and What They Mean, will be published in August by Pantheon. Um... reviews the natural history of slips of the tongue and speech disfluencies, why they occur, and what they say about us. You can read more about the book at <http://www.umthebook.com>www.umthebook.com.

Thanks to members of the list for their interest and assistance and for facilitating my research.

Sincerely,
Michael Erard