Re: [ARSCLIST] LP pressing question

I have two King Records test pressing 78s from the early 50s,that are totally blank labels,with only the titles and artists hand written on them.

                                       Roger

"Steven C. Barr(x)" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: ----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger and Allison Kulp"

> Dead wax is the term for the area in between the label.and the end of the
runoff groove.Actually non-promo test pressings get out there quite a bit.I own
several dozen.At least 100 or so,including one of "A Christmas Gift to You From
Philles Records".The oldest one I have seen,is an early Columbia test pressing
of an uncredited recording of "Casey Jones",that I was able to date to about
1906.I sold it on eBay last year.This had a blank white label,with the title
written in pencil,and the label usually found on the backs of Columbia of this
period.

1) Also known, among 78 collectors, as "the run-out!"

2) During the 78 era, most of the record companies had specific labels which
they used on test pressings (often labelled as such...!). All that I have
seen are black-on-white, and have blank areas identified with "legends"
indicating what was to be handwritten there. As well, they usually have an
"OK:" space where someone in charge can place his initials if the side is
approved for issue (I assume?).

Steven C. Barr

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!