Re: [ARSCLIST] LP pressing question

When did this start ? It still doesn't account for all of the pre-1975 test pressings that are out there ?

                                Roger
Aaron Levinson <aaron.levinson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: That is very interesting Bob. I have never heard of that being done but
it certainly does account for the relatively high number of test
pressings that seem to be floating around. Do you recall when that
practice was phased out? The 10" acetates is even more
intriguing, but indeed these were not "test pressings"in the sense that
they were not as close to the actual masters as a true test pressing
would have been from a generation perspective. I am always fascinated by
the kind of arcana that I learn from being on this list, it is really
stuff that I believe is not known by even the most ardent student of the
recording arts and sciences. I thank you for sharing your first-hand
knowledge of these little-known tidbits for those of us who
unfortunately entered the game far too late
to witness this stuff with our own eyes and ears.

AA

Bob Olhsson wrote:
> [...]

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.