Re: [ARSCLIST] LP pressing question

Didn't Phil Spector do that quite often? I love it.

Rod S.

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Aaron Levinson
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 10:41 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] LP pressing question

Actually, what I love is that if a mix went a little long, say over 2:30
in the 60's that the producer would just say it was 2:31 and it would
end up that way on the label and they'd leave it at that.That way you
gave a Program Director no ammunition to keep your recorded from being
added to rotation! A classic case of "fake it till you make it". I don't
know why but the audacity of doing a 3:00 mix and printing 2:31 on the
record just tickles me pink...

AA