Re: [ARSCLIST] LP pressing question

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Fine "...Bob, do you think the same "for
demonstration only" pressings sent to DJ's were also what was sold at a
discount to NARAS members?..."

Not at all, they were just first run "street" copies.

I only knew about the white-label DJ copies from RCA and Columbia because I
was the music director of a college station for a few months. They were
amazing, better than any "audiophile" pressings I've ever encountered. I'm
sure the idea was that they wouldn't get chewed up and need to be replaced
as often.

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com