Re: [ARSCLIST] 3 inch records

That sounds like a good an explanation to me.  I've never found anything
in the Decca literature of the era that acknoweldeges them. The copy I
found was on an old 3 speed phono in a Goodwill store.
It was a complete little performance that wasn't dubbed from a
commercial Decca 78.

Wish I knew more.

Bob H.

>>> JBERARD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 7/2/2007 1:05 PM >>>
Yes!  Mine appears to be a hard plastic also.  The title I have was a
'gold record' for Russ Morgan, and I wonder if Decca may have made these
as some sort of commemoration?

Robert Hodge,
Senior Engineer
Belfer Audio Archive
Syracuse University
222 Waverly Ave .
Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010

315-443- 7971
FAX-315-443-4866

>>> Robert Hodge <rjhodge@xxxxxxx> 07/02/07 6:15 AM >>>
Sorry for the late post to this thread, but I once had a 3 inch Decca
of
 " Pennsylvania Polka" sung by the Andrew Sisters. 78 rpm - piano
accomp.
One verse. A hard plastic of some type. Not shellac.
Yes, it plays !  Not a common format either.

Bob Hodge

Robert Hodge,
Senior Engineer
Belfer Audio Archive