Re: [ARSCLIST] Dataloggers

Hi Richard,

I've been using several DLP Design TH1 USB2.0 loggers which run
into my media cabinets, and it may even survive the harsh
environments of a refrigerator.  I haven't tried this, but the
specs claim it's good down to -40F:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Documents/DataSheets/DLP/dlpth1ds.pdf

It requires that you keep a computer running 24/7, and if you
need to run the sensor any more than 6 feet from the computer,
you'll need a USB2.0 repeater (which is what I do).  The
software is rather primitive, and if you want to generate a
report you'll need to manipulate the raw data in something
like Microsoft Excel.

I think the DLP-TH1 is a good solution for technically minded
users who don't mind rolling up their sleeves.  It certainly
is not "turnkey" or "plug-n-play".

If you find the accuracy acceptable and can live with the above
limitations, then the DLP-TH1 sensor/logger is a reasonably
cost-effective solution.

Eric Jacobs
Principal

The Audio Archive