Re: [ARSCLIST] Media mail

Reminds me of the time I was driving to Philadelphia for the ARSC conference, and I decided to leave in the evening, stay overnight in Niagara or Buffalo, then continue on. Customs officer naturally wonders why a lone guy is crossing the border in the evening (to blow up buildings and take your jobs, naturally) so I showed him the ARSC information, and then said "It's like a Trekkies Convention, with records." He said "I can relate to that" and sent me on my way.

(Coincidence on that trip: I stopped at the Lewiston Post Office and collected a box of 78s that looked as if it might have been repacked, but had also been shipped in a much used box, with no packing materials, sent by Media Mail when I'd paid for Priority, and everything was smashed to smithereens.)

dl

D P Ingram wrote:
Sorry, no. But I will share as humour the reactions of the Customs Inspectors up here the first time they opened a package with 16" transcription disks. The guy had never seen an "LP" (sic) as big as that before and had to show it around the office to amused colleagues :)

---
Darren Ingram (darren at ingram.fi / www.ingram.fi)
Provider of many things including research, media, innovation and consultancy services.

"Insert pointless, humo(u)rless quotation and ASCII art here"
"Insert lengthy, boring and meaningless corporate and copyright disclaimer here"