Re: [ARSCLIST] (sort of ^ ) What is a Milk Box ? (was Moving Sound Recording Collections)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
> Actually most milk nowadays is sold in plastic bottles.I have never seen
bags,unless it's bag-in-a-box soy milk.In most stores,the plastic bottles
outnumber cartons 2-3 to 1.I can see them being phased out eventually.If you go
into hoity-toity health food stores,you see a lot of milk in glass bottles,with
painted labels.None of which are deposit bottles.The last dairy around here that
stopped servicing deposit glass bottles to supermarkets stopped doing so about
1988.

Well, it may be a Canadian thing...but the standard method of selling retail
milk here is in large bags, containing three 1.33 liter bags (which fit
neatly into the plastic "pitchers" which milk consumers use...!)

Of course, milk retail and wholesale pricing is totally controlled...
and it is illegal in Ontario to promote cheap prices for milk (except,
oddly enough, chocolate milk and buttermilk(!) which are often 99 cents
per liter...!).

Milk is one of those things which us "po' fo'ks" have had to
give up...!