Re: [ARSCLIST] Concert Hall Society

The label has a very complex history,which I have been able to piece together from various sources.Far too complicated to cover in an email.You may know they moved their operations to Europe,in 1959,where they issued some very collectible records from Lili Kraus,to a record of rock and roll by The Golden Gate Quartet (Among those I bought on eBay.)They operated in the US from about 1948-59,and in Europe (Mostly Germany,France,and Holland),for roughly another twenty years after that.Perhaps somebody here can provide some sources for further info? There was an outstanding website at one time that had a decent history of the label,but it seems to be gone now.

                                        Roger

Thomas Stern <sternth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: What are the date ranges for the various issues/series of Concert Hall
Society releases?
(e.g. AA, B-x, C, ....H, CHC, CHJ, CHS-SP, AM, M (7inch 33)...)
do the Jazz albums collate with the classical, or are they parallel 1000
series numbers?
Thanks!!!
Best wishes, Thomas.

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.