Re: [ARSCLIST] Mass Digitization

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Miller" <karl.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Message -----
> From: "Karl Miller"
> > In short, I wonder, who really does
> place value on our recorded history.
>
> ***For the most part, it would seem to be the individuals who collect the old
recordings!

>   Are you suggesting that there is little societal worth to our recorded
history? Then why should we bother?

No...I was pointing out that, for the most part, it is us collectors who
recognize the worth...both societal (and in all too many cases) financial...
of our recorded history!

For example, should some interested party want to hear a specific "hit
tune" of 1921, his/her/its best source for that would be to contact
myself!

The only institutional body with an interest in pop-music ephemera
is/was Bowling Green State University, in Ohio...who offer (or used to)
a number of pop-culture-related courses, and the last I knew were
endeavouring to collect, identify and record details re applicable
artifacts...

So, it isn't myself that devalues our recorded history...it is the
rest of the confounded world...!