Re: [ARSCLIST] Mass Digitization was... 'New' solution for stickey shed

On 15 maj 2007, at 02.52, Tom Fine wrote:

Here's a thought. One of the largest collections of music metadata is Gracenote and also cddb. And, like everything else out
there that is a non-paid "communal" effort, it's chock full to the brim of errors and judgement calls that are sometimes right

I concur with this. It is also a problem when you get several "version", some with spelling errors and the like. This is one thing I am trying to develop out with my project. It won't be a CDDB/ Gracenote but hopefully the information will be a)accurate and b)peer reviewable/editable. I am just worried what happens when two experts collide though. Nothing to "show" yet but hopefully in the not too distant future when the developer gets it into an alpha/data entry stage.

Rgds, Darren

---
Darren Ingram (darren at ingram.fi / www.ingram.fi)
Provider of many things including research, media, innovation and consultancy services.
040 738 5292 / +358 40 738 5292

"Insert pointless, humo(u)rless quotation and ASCII art here"
"Insert lengthy, boring and meaningless corporate and copyright disclaimer here"

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0 What does this mean to you?